It might not have occurred to you, but did you know that the public benefits from bail bonds, not just the person the bail bond is for?
- By bailing a person out of jail, it lowers pre-trial jail populations, meaning people pay less for the taxes it otherwise could cost.
- People eligible for bail are deemed safe to be out in the community and thus less of a threat to the public than those who are more violent.
- People out on bail are more likely to attend their court date, less likely to become a fugitive.
- People out on bail are frequently checked-up on with physical check-ins, for example. Again, this is to ensure the safety of the public and to ensure the defendant isn’t on the run.
- For there to be bail, there must be bail agents and companies. This creates hundreds of jobs for people.
- Taxes paid for a bond support the economy.
Bail also saves taxpayers a large sum of money. If bail didn’t exist, taxpayers would be paying so much more in taxes than they already do.
If you need help bailing a person out of jail, contact Riverside Bail Bonds. Riverside Bail Bonds will surely help you reunite with your loved one, while also helping the community for reasons mentioned above.